Our Schedule










Wednesday, April 23, 2014

What a benefit....

Centerville,   TX.

Goodness, when sitting still in the oil fiend, I've don't have a whole lot to blog about.   Got to thinking.   As gate guards there are benefits.   A paycheck.  Not paying for a campsite.   The company provides our water and sewer system plus a monster generator and the fuel for operation.  Doing this gives us some much needed "down time".

We get to meet and talk to some really nice people. Most of the workers are sociable and agreeable.  Sure once in a while a PIA doesn't want to abide by the rules and stop both when entering and exiting the area.    A little talk with the "Company Man" and problem solved.

As with most businesses, The Salesman Cometh.    Last year when we gate guarded for two months we found some of the salespeople come bearing gifts.   Last year is was peanuts, cookies, pound cake, large package of Lifesavers.

WHOA!   This year and at this site even better.  So far we've been given two hams, a package of pork chops and a huge rib-eye steak.     Give me a choice of peanuts or rib-eye, I'll take the rib-eye every time.

Wishing well to all who reads here.

A view from our visit to Scotland  in 2008.


6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I'd feel registering trucks coming in and out 24/7 could be considered 'down time'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the view never changes I guess. I'm so glad we're somewhere FUN now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phyllis, where was that photo taken? On the North Sea? Looks like a lot of water behind the castle. Gee, you sure get a lot of goodies! I guess I'm not totally jealous as I don't have to juggle sales reps here. There are some benefits to sitting at a gig like ours although I do miss the travel at times. Won't be long, I bet, until ya'll are on the go again. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like you to hit the jackpot this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sounds like you to hit the jackpot this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not bad perks this year. There are 2 of you so at least you have company,

    ReplyDelete