Will 2022 be any different than 2020? 2021? See shall see.
What's the same.
1. Leonard still sleeping in the recliner due to recovering from left shoulder replacement.
2. It is still a cold winter here in North Alabama.
3. Enjoying the various meats we have bought from Savory Butcher. Still have mostly a full freezer.
4. Still hosting Boondockers welcome guests. Expecting number 88 on Monday and 89 on Tuesday.
5. Still the Covid epidemic surrounds us.
1. Leonard's right shoulder hurts now that the left one is getting better.
2. Had the most snow we've seen since we've moved here 5 years ago.
Only lasted one day on the ground.
3. For about 7 or 8 months we had been getting our meats from Savory Butcher out of Idaho. A semi delivers to this area every other month. The meat is sold in bulk. We had bought 97/3 ground beef twice, chicken tenders, chicken breasts, a selection of steaks, Italian sausage, kielbasa and pork chops. When we picked up our last order, we appeared to be the first in line. The cars line up next to the truck, tell them your name and they place your order in your vehicle. We have dealt with the same man each time. He told us he had an extra box of steak bites and an extra box of Prime Ribs. We took the Prime ribs. I think he said the cost was $215.00. There were four nice roasts in the box.
He said he would charge it to our account. I've been checking the credit card and nothing has been charged. Since I placed an order for more steaks and an order for bacon to be picked up in February, I planned on telling him then.
But.... yesterday I received a notice that due to circumstances beyond their control they are out of business effective January 6. I am so disappointed, but I realize how impossible it would be to set a cost of the meat two months out. So it appears that I will not be charged for the Prime Ribs. Shucks, wish I got the box of steak bites too. Glad the freezer is full.
4. Boondockers situation changed too. They are now part of Harvest Hosts and the web site is horrendous. Way fix a good thing? Last year we had no guests during the month of December. This year there were Four.
5. Covid situation. Still here. But the latest variant seems to be much less severe. My younger daughter was very sick for two weeks with the Delta. She was fully vaccinated. In the last couple of weeks my older daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren were all down with the Omnicon variant. Headaches, running nose, etc. As well as were several nephews, nieces etc in Virginia. All vaccinated.
We had a good Christmas. Here is our "local" family here for dinner. Son Lennie, DIL Lois, granddaughter Maddie and great-grandson Jordan.
Trust each of you readers had fabulous holidays and much happiness for the New Year.
Until next time....