Answers to Quiz One
1. One of the many lighthouses in Narragansett Bay, Newport, Rhode Island
2. Perhaps the easiest one. Old Faithful at Yellowstone National Park.
3. William J.Clinton Presidential Library, Little Rock, Arkansas
4. House Wyatt Earp lived in. Tombstone, Arizona
5. Chicken, Alaska
6. Petrified Forest, NE Arizona
7. Oklahoma City National Memorial
8, John Wayne Birthplace, Winterset, Iowa
9. Needles Highway, Custer State Park, South Dakota. This tunnel is 8'4" wide. Our dually truck is 8'. SLOW drive through.
10. USS Alabama, Mobile, Al.
11. Andersonville National Historic Site, near Andersonville, Georgia. A prisoner-of-war camp for Confederate Soldiers.
12. Little Bighorn Battlefield, Garryowen, Montana. Each marker indicates where a soldier fell. The one with black markings is the spot where Gen, Custer died. He was later interred at West Point
13. Naval Air Station, Pensacola, Florida. Home of the Blue Angels.
14. The Enchanted Highway. Scrap metal sculptures sitting along a 32 mile stretch in highway in SW, North Dakota.
15. Biloxi, Mississippi
16. One of the Bridges of Madison County, Iowa. Perhaps the most famous thanks to Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood.
17. Boys Town, Omaha, Nebraska
How well did you do? Tell me which ones you recognized.