Our Schedule










Sunday, November 28, 2021

Repairs, Dead Critter, Show and Scaling down more

Cullman,  AL


Here we are a few days past Thanksgiving and still some turkey in fridge.

What's happening?

We had Thanksgiving dinner at son Lennie and DIL's Lois house.   Brought home some leftovers.   Once more, forgot to take pictures.  

But I have taken a few over the last month.    Most of them have been of our Boondockers Welcome guests.    Our 81st guest RV left yesterday.   None scheduled for December.   Same thing happened last year.  We think most people are where they want to be for that month.  I take pictures and put them in a file.   We've had people return.   Who could remember all these folks?   Not me.  A picture helps certainly.

We've had two critters recently visit, aside from cats and dogs traveling with their owners.   One couple travels with Charlie, their rabbit.   Okay, so we have a Beagle.  Supposed to be a rabbit dog which means he should chase them.   Luckily for Biscuit Charlie was in a cage as every time Charlie moved Biscuit  would back off.     


The other critter wasn't as cute.    I heard Biscuit howling and baying and barking.  I went outside to see him digging dirt from the side of the house.   Just what I suspected.  A snake.    I got Len.   I got his .22 pistol.   He got the snake.   We had no idea if it was venomous.  A friend told me about a FB page on snakes in Alabama.    I joined the group.   I posted the picture.   I was promptly chastised and the picture removed.   It is against the rule to post a picture of a dead or injured snake.   I just wanted to know what it was for future reference.    In case you are wondering.    It was a harmless plain bellied water snake.   Now I know.  It's harmless and no more posting dead snake pictures.


OOPS!!!!  I think I just did.


Len is feeling much better.  He has started physical therapy.  This past week they have had him move his arm more.   He is still in a sling, still sleeping in recliner.  He sees the surgeon this week so will know how he is coming along.


I am trying to divest of STUFF.   My goal is one thing a day GONE.   Yesterday I cleaned out my sock drawer.     Some things I post on the FB local yard sale pages.    Gone are concrete pavers, concrete landscaping edgers, trailer axles, saddle and tack, foam insulation, a basket of miscellaneous electric connectors, hutch, coffee table, refrigerator, rototiller, wooden blinds and a box trailer.    Tomorrow I will be meeting someone in town and trade these mugs, s&p shakers, creamer and sugar bowl for $10.  I don't use them and they are just taking up space. 


A few weeks ago we and our friends Stephanie and Vic went down to Birmingham to see a talk by one of our favorites Greg Gutfeld and comedian Tom Shillue.

Here is Steph and Vic


We have fabulous seats.   Here are Greg and Tom




Our NOMADS friends Butch and Cheri were between projects and we were thrilled they choose that time to come here.    In exchange for a camp site, they provided labor.   A great deal for all of us.  

First Butch re-caulked around the guest room shower to stop the leaking.   He took off a tractor tire that needed repair and placed it back on.    But the biggest job was working on our mower shed.  The wood on it was rotting from the bottom and starting to allow rain to leak inside.   So they placed tin siding around the entire structure.    It looks so much better and should now last many more years.  Thank you Butch and Cheri


This picture is before it was completely done.   The boring bees had gotten to the roof trim.  This trim was wrapped and the boring bees will have to attack somewhere else in the Spring.   UGOH, our back porch!

Until next time.


1 comment:

  1. Good to hear Len is doing better, he looks good. Having a snake good or bad does not make me happy around my house. Nice of your boon dockers to do some home repairs for you.

    ReplyDelete