Our Schedule










Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Sisters visit and moving on along with life

 Cullman,  AL


Gosh..... we were quite busy the last two weeks in January and first two weeks in February.   We hosted 8 Boondockers Welcome members often two Rigs at a time for a total of 15 days.   During that time we hosted our 100th rig.   To celebrate we presented them with a gift bag.





The following week we had 3 guests.   The following week we had no RV guests but my sister Debbie from New Jersey gave us a 5 day visit.  Of course it rained most of the week.   

We did manage two small trips.    One day we took her to the Alabama Music Hall of Fame over to Tuscumbia about an hour from us.

This is Debbie and Leonard checking out Webb Pierces mighty fine car.    And beyond that is the group Alabama's bus.


While over that way we took her to a very special cemetery.    Only one of its kind.   Strictly for Coon Dogs.




This cemetery was started in 1937.  They have strict rules about only certified Coon Dogs can be interred here.

It looked like we were going to be a bit less busy with Boondockers in March.   We had 4 reservations.   In the last week 3 have cancelled.    Is it due to the world situation, cost of fuel or gas? We really don't know.

I seldom shop in-store.   For more than two years I have done the Wal-Mart pickup.  More and more things I want are not available.    A couple of weeks ago I decided to pick up a few items inside.   I walked by the pasta.   This was the pasta shelf.  Good thing I wasn't planning on spaghetti that night.


Len loves Tater Tots.   He was out of luck this time.


Biscuit is at the Vets getting a bath and pedicure now.   I'll pick him up in about an hour.  I noticed while in town that gas jumped 15 cents a gallon over night.    I feel strongly that this country needs to get back to being energy independent.    We would not be trusting other countries for our supply.

Speaking of Biscuit, a cousin sent me a child's story book called Biscuit Gives a Gift. Thanks Muriel.

Years ago I was given a picture that belonged to a Great Aunt.   On the back was a note that it was a gift from my mother's sister Alda and her husband to this great aunt.    It is a Japanese scene.


I had it hanging in our guest room.  Every time I looked at it, I felt it needed to be returned to my aunt Aldas family.   I told cousin Muriel about it.    She said her parents were in Japan in 1950 and 1951.  Her Dad was an ammo inspector for the military.  She asked if it was painted on silk.   I looked closely and sure enough it is.  I sent it to her in Florida.     She was so pleased and I leave it up to her which of the 3 siblings it will be passed on to.  

Well about time to go get Biscuit.   He will be smelling sweeter.  

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. You were very busy, but the best busy had to be a visit with your sister.
    Cancelations could very well be because of gas prices. I went to the Neighborhood Grocery store a little over a week ago shelves weren't to bare but somethings I wanted were out. Cashier said it was because they were going to do inventory that night and didn't want to much out to count hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of you to give a gift bag to the 100th guest!

    ReplyDelete