Our Schedule










Friday, September 29, 2023

Making plans. And etc.

 Cullman,  AL

I love this time of year.   There are days when neither Air Conditioning nor Heat are needed.   There just isn't enough of them.    As the days grow shorter it brings to mind that our days are growing short too.

But first:     The Senior Center has special dress days on Thursdays.   Yesterday was crazy hat and tie.  I wore my winter hat that looks like Elmer Fudd, Len wore his Christmas cowboy hat.   I wore a compression sock as a tie, he wore his flannel bathrobes belt.   No picture was taken.

Last week it was mixed prints day.    I wore a flowered top and a pair of his PJ printed bottoms.  He wore a printed shirt, printed welders cap.   He absolutely refused to be seen in public with anything but jeans.  Daughter in law Lois to the rescue.   She volunteered to take an old pair of his jeans and paint something on them.


This is what Biscuit thought of it.

After a slow few month's hosting RV guests through Boondockers Welcome, we have 10 reservations on the books.   Our 266th guest arrives later today.

This summer it was rainy here in north Alabama.   I was forever mowing grass.  Now we are terribly dry to the extent there is a burn ban.   We had wanted to burn some shrubs and a pile of trees and branches we had removed but this is not the time.   Seems strange not having to mow every day.


As I stated at the start of this blog, along with shorter days is the fact that our own days are shorter.  I have a need to be prepared.    One way to that end is to update wills.   That was completed this week.  I cannot stress enough how important it is to make ones wishes known to be less of a burden on family when the time comes.

Along with our wills we have:

         Power of Attorney designations. 

        Durable Power of Attorney for health care. 

        A list of items we want to pass down to certain people outside of the wills,

         A list of things to know such as bank and investment accounts, where to find passwords, keys to             safes, how bills are paid and to whom, info on life insurance, etc.   

        And a list of whom to notify and their phone numbers (one person is provided with this list).

I state all of the above because I have seen so many instances where the surviving spouse or children are at a loss of where to begin.   Four of our children will receive copies of the above.

Well, that's my preaching for today!

ENJOY FALL SEASON.  Until next time.

6 comments:

  1. You are smart! My parents had set up a trust for me, now that they have passed, we have in turn set up a trust. I also have a binder with insurance policies and all other legal documents as well as passwords etc. All kids know where that is. Good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coincidentally, we just updated our will last Monday and have all the documents you listed in place. Attorney did ask us about our funeral plans, which include cremation and no viewing and we have shared those wishes with next of kin. Just have to decide on a funeral home. I can appreciate having our affairs in order as my Mom and Dad had everything in place when they left us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phyllis, Dick and I have our wills and other things in place for the last few years, but we definitely need to finish up the arrangements for when that time comes. When he was so sick, my son and daughter-in-law assisted me in putting everything in Google Drive, so they have all of our bank account info and other pertinent information. This was all brought home to me 2 weeks ago when my co-worker, who trained me and became a very close friend, suddenly passed away on Saturday night at the age of 69. At the visitation, her son said that he and his wife would be getting all of this together, because she did not have it, and it was a challenge. Take care and hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the great advice! I need to get with it and “ git ‘er done”! xo Marian

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have one that has issues. Leary to her getting a sum of money at one time. So her sister will have control with a special trust fund to be used for her and/or her children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT Advice!!!👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete