Our Schedule










Friday, January 5, 2024

Busy month. So Long 2023

 January 5, 2024


December was extremely busy here at The East Estate.  That's our Title in the Boondockers Welcome group.  We are far from being an Estate.    We only had one day the entire month that we did not have any guests here.   Many days both sites were occupied.    On December 20th we welcomed our 300th guest.   We had given a gift bag to our 100th and 200th.  So of course, we will follow in this tradition.   The contents of the bag.   Sorry. I couldn't get the pic to turn.  No, the items are not glued to a cabinet.


On Christmas we hosted our son Lennie, DIL Lois and Maddie and Jordan.   OOPS!  No picture was taken.  Too busy visiting to remember.   I hate when that happens.

Christmas Eve our church holds communion.  This year was special as we recently built a new church building.  Mostly complete.   After the service we went outside for the Cross lighting.


We have sections of our yard that are being dug up.  This is most interesting.   We saw something had dug around the septic tank.   Strange.   


We put out our game camera.   As we suspected.... Armadillo.    Why would they do that?

Two of our frequent RV guest couples were camped here New Years Eve.   So we celebrated.   Started at 6, done by 10.   We really know how to party!



This month will be few hostings.   Has REALLY slowed down.   Already we have had 3 cancellations.  We don't expect anyone until the 24th.   That's ok.  December exhausted us.

But we still have lots planned.   We are back to the Senior Center two days a week and meeting up with friends Friday nights.    Plus Len has four doctors' appointments and I have one in January.  And we are hoping our Grandson and Girlfriend will be visiting mid month from Florida. So .... off to a new year.

We wish each of you love, success and peace for the coming year.

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. So thoughtful to give gift baskets to your guests to commemorate. You have been busy, good to get a rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you sure had been busy in Jan. Happy New Year!
    When I first saw the items I was like what is that, LOL Wonderful idea to give a gift basket.
    This is the first time I have been able to get on my laptop since Christmas Eve, as Christmas morning I had the worst dizzy spell of my life and landed on the floor hard. So thankful I had my cell in my packet and was able to call for help. So it has been tough lots of spinal damage. Not what I had planned for this New Year!

    ReplyDelete