Our Schedule










Thursday, April 11, 2024

Whats been going on

 Cullman,  AL

What's been going on here?   Not much.

We always like to participate in certain events at the senior center.   A few days prior to Easter they requested folks to wear their Easter bonnets.   Unfortunately, few did.  Very few.  But Leonard put up with my insistence.   


Another reason I love him.   He goes along with my craziness.   Most of the time.

One thing that really sets off my craziness is shopping.   I HATE IT.   I've only grocery shopped in-store 2 times in the last 5 years.   I love going on-line, placing my list and backing into a site so someone else loads the car.   I do wish they provided the service of coming home and unloading, putting the groceries away.   Cooking the meals would be nice too.   Is that too much to ask?

So, a few weeks ago I needed just a few items.   Oh, why did I punish myself having to stand in line.


It's not just grocery shopping I hate.  It's any shopping.  Amazon ..... I love you.   As I look at myself right now EVERYTHING I have on I ordered from Amazon.  Even down to my underwear.  I know, too much information.

Easter morning we like to attend the Sunrise Service.   Beautiful morning it was.


Last week was our daughter-in-laws birthday.   After we all went to dinner they came with us for our  Friday night fun.



We enjoyed Lois and Lennie being with us and hope they did too.

Back in the fall Leonard saw a surgeon down at University of Alabama regarding his back.   It was agreed there is a problem causing leg pain.   We were hoping surgery would be scheduled.  First he had to have clearance from our family doctor and the Cardiologist down at UAB.   Having heard nothing, he called the Surgeons office last week.  They called back.   Following a conference with the cardiologist they said there would be no surgery.   The risks are greater than the benefits.  

The only option we know is for him to see a chiropractor that he is doing twice a week now.  I have to give him credit, he continues dancing as much as he is able.  He still hops on the tractor and does what needs done.  He isn't giving up.   

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. It is so nice to see you enjoying life. Praying for Len to get relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We try to support the local businesses by actually walking through the stores. It also helps us see something more than the walls in the Apartment.
    Looks like fun was had by all on the Friday evening out.
    I have to give Len credit for keeping on the go. Like him, it's my Chiropractor that keeps me moving. Sometimes remembering the Risks instead of taking them is the best medicine.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete