Our Schedule










Saturday, June 22, 2024

Visiting and not what we wanted.

 White Hall, MD,   Celona PA,  Lebanon, PA and Cullman AL

Only a couple of days after we returned from Texas and Louisiana we again were on the road.  This time to visit family in the northeast.

May 29 our granddaughter Charlotte graduated from HS.


After the ceremony she choose were to have dinner.   They might use chopsticks, but Len and I asked for forks.



While at the daughters' house in Maryland I had my first adventure.   I missed a step coming down from upstairs.   I tumbled down the remaining 10.   I had bruises all over.   But remarkably I didn't get hurt. Not a bit.   

It was chilly there in MD and we didn't bring jackets or sweaters.  Off to Walmart.   I could not find anything for me.   I found Leonard looking at jackets that were on sale.   


From the SNOOP DOG collection.    Don't care.  They felt so good.

As always Biscuit makes himself at home.  On their sofa


After a few days we moved on the daughter #2 house in Pennsylvania.   Biscuit is checking out their stream.


Our friends Jim and Darlene were nearby so dropped over for a short visit.


Hate that I neglected to get a picture of Terri and Steve.

One day Darlene and I went to Kitchen Kettle village nearby in Intercourse, PA near Lancaster.  We met up with my sister Debbie and her friend Kathy.

Debbie and Darlene.


Even before we went to Dallas, I had been feeling awful.   Worn down, coughing up phlegm.  So while at daughter Terris house I went to the local Urgent Care.   I was put on antibiotics.  The next night I was really sick.  Terri took me to the local hospital in Lebanon where I was admitted with pneumonia.  

I stayed in the hospital for three nights.  When I was admitted I was put in a room with another woman.  When she saw me she asked for a mask.   She claimed she was there because she could not breathe.   I saw her sleeping with a mask on.   Did that help???  The next morning she spoke to the patient advocate.   She asked why they put me in her room.  Her complaint?   I was from Alabama.  She did not want to be in a room with someone from Alabama.   They moved me.

No one rests in a hospital.   I came out bruised from not only the fall but from needles.


That was the worse.

The day after I was discharged, we headed home.  With us is granddaughter Abby.  I felt really bad all the way home.   I am still very weak and still coughing up phlegm.   We were supposed to go to MS the day after we got home to pick up our 4-year-old grandson while daughter D'Juana and family moved from Dallas to Austin.   There was no way I could tend to a four-year-old at the time.  Len is not much better.  We were greatly disappointed.

We did have a young family living here.


Nesting on a light fixture on back porch.

The grass and weeds around the pond needed tending.  I have been weed whacking around the pond as much as I can.  Abby is helping me mow.


Len is having back issues.   He, too, might be trying to do too much.    Even though back surgery would help, the cardiologists will not consent to surgery.   The risk is too great.   So on we go.

Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. As we age, it seems we don't bounce back from bouncing back as easily. The strain on your immune system might have been the cause of the pneumonia. Thankfully, with Abby helping out, you might recover sooner.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you are getting better. Pneumonia isn't for sissies! I keep telling George we need to hire people to do the harder things, such as trim trees, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW graduation from high school!! Yes the years have flow by. Sorry for the mis adventures on your trip. At least you have Abby, there to help out until you and Len recover.

    ReplyDelete