Our Schedule










Wednesday, January 16, 2019

We have the WILD LIFE!

Cullman,  AL

One of my favorite things of living on this property is the expectation of seeing wildlife.  Each morning and evening I go to the windows hoping to catch sight of something new.    When the weather permits, I sit on my porch most of the day reading and waiting in expectation of what creature might come to visit.   We usually always have birds at the feeders.

Come join me as I show you some of our other visitors.


This mornings visitor



Looking for a meal


Elsie (Or Elmer) Muscovy shows up most days.  She (he?) is very friendly.  When I go out and she is on the other side of the pond, I call her and she swims over and comes up on dry ground.  She gets as close as 5 feet or so.  I miss her when she's not there.


I am thinking this is why we see a lot of these around.


Cleaning up what drops from the feeder.


What a surprise finding this hawk sitting on our front porch.


These beautiful creatures came back after the garden was plowed under looking for corn that was left.   They might as well.  They cleaned up most of our corn we planted as soon as it was ripe.  We see as many as three out back quite often.  Len says this spring he will throw corn seed out further and they can have what grows there.  We realize no use in us planting corn again for us.


This guys visits from across the road.  Along with his mate.


She was okay with building her nest in this crock even when I was 
sitting on the porch just a few feet away. 


I am okay with never seeing this again.


A frequent guest.  Tap, tap, tap


Checking out the possibly of some fish.


Another welcome guest.


A blue wing teal.   Beautiful.

And in recent days.    I looked out at dust one night and saw what looked like a HUGE cat.  I called Leonard.  We watched as it stood up and walked into the woods where we could see another creature moving around.   We suspect it was a bobcat with its young.

Last week we saw a coyote walking along the fence line across the road. 

How I wish I had gotten pictures of both of the above but in both cases by the time I got the camera they were into the woods and gone.

Until next time.....

3 comments:

  1. WOW how great is it to see all those beautiful birdsa and other wild critters, but I'm with you on the snake guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pond is sure bringing in a lot of creatures. How nice to look out at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a group of visitors:) We have mostly deer and bears. We have had four deer come every day to eat the grass and empty our bird feeder:)

    ReplyDelete