Our Schedule










Saturday, July 23, 2022

Catching up Part 3

 Cullmam  AL

While staying with the nephew in Woodstown NJ, as a Thank You we took nephew JR (Norman), wife Vadra their son Ryan and my sister Debbie to dinner.   I am so disappointed.   I swear I took a picture of the group.   Nowhere to be found on my phone.  How could that happen?

On Monday we were to meet with our Financial Planner.   (Hey : who can really plan anything with the way the market is at this time).   Our meeting was in the afternoon, so we made plans to visit friends before.   Having a bit of time, I called my last cousin on my Dad's side.  Mae is almost 92 and lives in a senior complex.   She was so glad to see us.   Mae and I talk via phone every couple of months. Again, no pictures.

Then we visited Dan and Carole that live in the same area where we were meeting the Planner.  I remembered to take a picture.  Can hardly believe it.


We've known both Dan and Carole for years.   I worked with Dan.  We went to the same church of Carole.   When I felt the time was right, I introduced them.  I guess I did a good job.   Married more than 25 years.

After a nice visit we met with the Planner that we have worked with for about 32 years.  Bill was a young "kid" then.   We were much more Spry.   He has never steered us wrong.   We thought it was time to move some funds into a safer avenue.  Time will tell if we made the right decision.

Tuesday morning and time to head on home.  After stopping for our last coffee at our favorite C Stone. WaWa we were on the road. We overnighted in Bristol, Va.  A long drive.

Back home:   When the girls were here, we noticed a brown spot out near the shop. Then it was gone.  Then it was back.   Then it sat up.


Then it ran up to near where we were sitting on the porch before running off.


It appears at least one groundhog has moved in.   It one, there are more.   We've not seen any sign of them again.

We used to see deer on our property quite frequently.  Since Biscuits arrival that has ceased.  Until recently.


We see this lady often.   We know way.  It's been a few years since we've had a garden.  This year we planted watermelon, honey dews and cantaloupe.  What was left of this cantaloupe explains everything.


One morning this week I looked outside.   Surprised to see a wild turkey walking across the front yard.  I grabbed my phone to get a picture.  No luck.   That fella walked fast into the woods.


Due to rising costs, we've had few RV guests during the last few weeks.   We had one arrive yesterday and I see he is getting hooked up now to pull out.  We have two coming next week for one night each and not another one until September.   I am sure campground's have been hit hard in this recession.

Things are settling down here on the Homefront.

Front Porch.    We understood it would be 5 to 6 weeks after they did the framing back in April.  Len called them after 7 weeks.  They said they told us 5 to 6 MONTHS before the custom doors and windows were ready.   That takes us to October.  They called me this week and said they are expected to be in by end of August.  He told me they no longer do enclosures because of the difficulty getting windows and doors made.  They only do carports, etc.

Generac Generator:    We've had issues with the generator since day one in December.   The crew has been here multiple times as has the gas company.    It is supposed to kick on every Saturday at 11 to charge the batteries.   It would work one week, the next week it wouldn't.  Installers put a new regulator in it this week.   It came on this morning.  We will see what happens next week.

Walk in Tub: The door on our walk-in tub split.   It took about 3 weeks to get the new door in.  They came this week and replaced the door.

High Speed Fibre Optics Internet:    At last.  Notified we are on schedule to have ours installed August. 3.   Can't wait.

Washer:    Old washer died.  Got a new one.   What a problem.   Will only work on HOT water.  Even when I set it for cool or warm, it is hot.  Sometimes too hot to touch.  Some loads will not get done.  Stays on 11 minutes left for hour or more, then back to 43 minutes.   I shut it off.   Lid will lock.   I have to eventually let it sit for hours and try to unlock again.  Tub half full of water.  I pull out the soaking, hot clothes and drape them on back porch railings until dry enough to put it dryer.   They are sending someone out of the 27th.   I HATE THIS WASHER.


One good thing.   While in the northeast I was walking by the car and saw our remote for our security system laying on the ground.  It had broken off Lens keychain.   




When we got home we called ADT.  They had someone here that afternoon.   We got a new keyfob and he reset our alarm system.  Thank you ADT.

Think I am now caught up.

Until next time.





2 comments:

  1. You're really kept busy between visits on your trip to the home front.
    Hate when things are supposed to work and they don't.
    Be Safe and Enjoy everything fixed.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this new junk these days are so annoying. I have a Smart TV and I hate the thing, have no local channels anymore this has happened 4 times, 3 times no sound, I was told to unplug it and re plug that works but still no local channels. That isn't very smart to me.

    ReplyDelete