Our Schedule










Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Review of Holidays

 Cullman,  AL

This was a year that we traveled to the northeast to visit family during Christmas week.   But first.

As I've mentioned, the County provides a Christmas luncheon each year for the Seniors.   The is the first time we attended.   It was quite the event.   A few days after the luncheon the Department on Aging (I hate that name) posted photos of the event on their Facebook page.   I was surprised to see this.


I must say, what an attractive couple.

Our trip north, as is most times it meant a stop at nephew and family in VA.  It is halfway to our daughters.  This is Nephew Jason, great-nephew Lance and niece Kelly.   We are waiting for a table at their local Ruby Tuesday.   I LOVE Ruby Tuesday's salad bar.  The local one here in Cullman closed during the pandemic. 


Cold, bitter weather moved into the area the night we stayed in VA.   This is what greeted us in the morning.    


We took it easy and after only about 20 miles all was clear.

Next stop was at daughter Amy's in MD.   On Christmas eve we all took a ride to a nearby Christmas display.  The first night there they took us a local restaurant and we all had a fantastic meal.


Christmas morning.  Amy opening the "fruit salad" we gave her and hubby Scott.  Wines:  Blueberry, Blackberry and Peach.


For many years Amy has been a Dr Who fan.   We even managed to meet the favorite Dr Who (Tom Baker) in Philadelphia way back when.   Our granddaughter Charlotte is now a fan.   She was thrilled to get a Dr Who. dress



Granddaughter Abby had a Saturday morning job helping at a local antique shop.   It was run by an elderly couple who she became very close to.    Since working there, she has admired a 50s era prom gown that hung on a mannequin.   

A couple of months ago the wife died suddenly.   Of course Abby was very distraught.   Imagine her tears when she opened the gown as a gift from the gentleman.



After breakfast on Christmas morning, we moved on to PA to the other daughter's house.   

At Terri and Steves house we were greeted by not only them, but grandson Justin and girlfriend Karlie who flew up from Florida.


It was a relaxing few days.    We never much ventured outside for the next two days except to let Biscuit and their pup Cane out to do what they needed to do outside.  They never stayed out long.

As usual Terri did some fine cooking.


Our trip back home included another night at Kelly and Jasons.   We arrived back home to better weather than was here while we were gone.

New Years Day meant the usual southern meal.   Cabbage, black eye peas, rice, cornbread.   All prepared by son Lennie and DIL Lois.


So, another Holiday season is on the books.

Happy New Year to each of you.

One more thing.  I started writing a blog before we started full time RVing.  It was about our transition from a sticks and bricks to life on the road.    Back then we actually "did things".   I've continued to blog but less frequently.   Is really anyone interested in our simple life?   Is it time to shut down this blog?


8 comments:

  1. Even though we are the best of Facebook friends, I still enjoy the stories in your blog as well :) I stopped blogging last year, got bored, lol. I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the question...I have been doing a blog since 2008 and it to was to record our journey of full-time RV'ing, which we still are just in a different way and I ask myself often...do I keep writing or not and does anyone really care about what I think about...each time I ask the question I get a couple of responses "keep going". I write mostly for me, to reflect on life in whatever moment I happen to be in. So I say, yes, keep writing, it helps me to keep up with y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phyllis, I look forward to your blogs and always enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always enjoy catching up with your blog. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with y'all and wish I had never quit mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Holiday you all had! Great pictures of family. What a special gift Abby recieved from the gentle men.

    I also started mine when I was traveling and so many things to share. But these past couple years I haven't done much but the same answers when I ask is it time to shut down. Well now it seems blogger made that choice for me, I can nolonger post unless I use my notebook, but seems no one can comment and I don't know how to fix any of it. But I do enjoy catching up with you and your life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your stories ! Continue on .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy your blogs. It helps me feel closer to two friends that I do not see enough of. I am going through some serious grief right now and your stories help me. Remember it is your fault that I have this intense grief. You and Len forced me to date and marry that wonderful woman. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete