Upper Deerfield, NJ
WANT FRUSTRATION???? Is there no quality anymore? Buy something, it breaks, replace the purchase, repeat.
By way of examples.
1. My daughter gave us a Keurig for Christmas. We make AT THE MOST an average of 2 cups of coffee a day. About 3 weeks ago it started making a grinding noise. Then the noise stopped for a couple of days. Then started again last week. This unit has 3 settings to brew different size cups of coffee. We always used the largest size. Last week we attempted to make our morning coffee as usual. It made a racket and filled the cup less than 1/4 of the way. It would take us 4 or 5 cycles to get a full cup. These things are not cheap. And it lasts 5 months? What to do? Just get a new one and hope it lasts longer I guess.
2. We bought a chaise lawn chair at Camping World a couple of years ago. Not Cheap! It lasted one season before it started to tear. We've bought more of those bagged lawn chairs then I care to count. They, too, tear apart in just months. WE ARE NOT THAT FAT!!!! (well me, maybe a little.) Will never buy another one. Last year we got two nice lawn chairs at Penneys. You guessed it, material is ripping. Does anybody make a good lawn chair? For slightly fat people?
3. Last June I bought a new JetPack MIFI from Verizon. Worked well. I was pleased. On Tuesday I turned it on. Won't do anything. I took it to a Verizon store. They could not get it to turn on either. It had a one year warranty. Expired 3 weeks ago. Only choice to buy a new one. But what steams me.......the warranty on the old one was One Year; the contract, Two Years. This means I still have to pay $10.00 a month for 11 more months for a device that does not work. Plus $10.00 for the new one. I will be making a call to Verizon. Still in all, the original MIFI should have lasted more than 12 1/2 months I would think.
4. Even simple things. When was the last time you bought dish soap that made suds. Palmolive, Dawn, Joy.... no suds. Might as well buy a cheap brand that doesn't make subs to pour down the drain instead of paying more for the name brand to pour down the drain
5. Quality Control.... is there such a thing anymore? We love our new Fifthwheel RV. We love the layout, we love the inside storage, we love the way the truck handles it. Yup, we love it. Glad we got it. HOWEVER..... the first time the shower was used, water ran all over the bathroom floor. Upon investigation I discovered the problem. The silicone to seal to shower door tracks stopped where the vanity started. I got a flashlight and looked between the shower and vanity, an distance of no more than two inches. I saw gobs of silicone on the floor, side of shower and vanity. I went to the owners forum. I find FIVE other people with the same year and model RV had the same problem. Whoever was in charge of placing silicone along the shower tracking needs to be trained to do their job right or be fired. And what about QC???? Dealer fixed it.
Enough..... these are just a few of my complaints. What about you? What makes you frustrated?