Our Schedule










Wednesday, June 12, 2019

RVing Again Part 2

Hershey Preserve  Thousand Trails
Lebanon,   PA


June 5, 2019

We pulled up stakes at Sea Pines in Southern NJ and drove only about one hour to Mooch Dock in our friends driveway for a week.    When we got there, Shirley called us into the house for a much appreciated lunch.


Lyn and Shirley Mooneyham are gracious hosts who invite us to pull in and plug up whenever in the area.  They have a lovely home and busy nursery.   We thank them for their hospitality.

Len and I drove over to where I retired to see two co-workers.  Scott, Tina and I were the HR department back then.  It has grown since.

June 6

We always make an effort to have a visit with my cousin from the maternal side of the family, Sis (real name Thelma),   Sis is in her early 90's but has the energy and spark of someone half her age.  We adore her.   My sister, Debbie joined us for a late lunch in a neighboring town.   Len had the best Prime Rib he's had a years.   Again, I forgot to take a picture.

June 7

I met up with 3 schoolmates for lunch.   It's so nice to get caught up and  maybe even a wee bit of gossip.    Here is Linda, Vi and Risti.



June 8

First thing..... hair cuts.  No one cuts our hair like Kathy.   When in town, it's a must stop.

Then dinner with my sister Debbie and another cousin.   Mae is from my paternal side of the family.   Mae recently moved into a local senior complex.   She was so proud showing us her new home.   Happy for her.   This is Mae and Debbie.


June 9

First thing (after getting coffee and breakfast sandwich at WAWA) ... attendance at our previous"home church" Deerfield United Methodist in Upper Deerfield, NJ.  This is the pastor Josh.  When in the area on a Sunday, Deerfield is a must stop.  We do miss our church family from NJ.



After church we drove the 92 miles to daughter Amy's house in Maryland for dinner and a visit.  This is their pup Charlie and our Biscuit getting acquainted.  Granddaughter Charlotte was over-seeing their play.  Dang!   No picture of Abby but there will be plenty to come when she returns with us to Alabama in 10 days.


June 10

This is a special day.  It is Abby's 10th birthday and our 30th anniversary.   When we try to remember how long we've been married we think of Abby's age and add 20.

For breakfast we went to our favorite diner in the area.   We had our usual eggs, home-fries, toast, OJ, coffee and scrapple.   Don't know what scrapple is or never had it????  You are missing something!

In the afternoon we met with our Financial Planner.  Bill has worked with us for on our financials and retirement planning for 29 years.  This is one of the wisest choices we ever made.

Then at dinner..... friend Michelle, who I know from where I used to work, came to our rig for dinner.  Michelle would tend to our  dog and horses when we took vacations.   She, more than anyone I know, has a love for animals.  INCLUDING PET RATS!  EEK.  This is a lousy picture.  I should have used my camera with a flash and not my phone.


June 11

Another meal out.   My friend Linda since 1962 and I got together for a long lunch and then coffee.  As always, we had a lot of catching up to do.


This morning we got up early to take advantage of coffee and breakfast sandwich at our favorite convenience store WAWA.  If you don't live in the northeast or Florida and don't know about WAWA, you have my deepest sympathy.

Then we pulled out for the 3 hour drive to where we are now.

That makes 10 meals that I just wrote about.  Just in case you were wondering what we did while in our old hometown.

We are now camped just a few miles from my daughter Terri and SIL Steves.  We are meeting in about an hour to go out for dinner.    So scratch 10 and make it 11.

Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. Keeping busy is keeping young so you can do even more.
    Be Safe and Enjoy all the visits.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy revisiting old and dear friends and family. I would be in heaven eating out so much. I love eating out but don't do it very often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I'm looking forward to now is going back to church.

    ReplyDelete