Our Schedule

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

RVing again Part 3

Cullman, AL

June 12

Last blog had us planning on meeting up with Daughter Terri and SIL Steve for dinner that night.  That we did but first Biscuit had to meet their dogs Cane and Jack.

Our site at Hershey Preserve Thousand Trails.  This was our 7th stay at that campground.

The next few days were spent restocking the pantry and catching up with laundry, visiting and just sitting around.    AND walking Biscuit at least 5 times daily.

June 16

Our nephew JR, wife Vadra and their son Ryan drove the 3 hour drive to visit at Terri's house.  With that visit Minie (their dog) and Biscuit got reacquainted.  All four dogs had a fun day.

June 17 

Later in the day our friends Jim and Darlene came by who were at the campground.    They had with them Jim's mothers dog as she was in the hospital following a valve replacement.

June 18

My sister, Debbie, came to the campground for a two night visit.

June 19.

Len, Debbie and I drove to Hanover, PA where whenever we are in that area we shop at some of the local factory outlets.   We buy canned goods by the case plus Hanover frozen vegetables.  We also shop at Snyders of Hanover for snack items including Pepperidge Farms cookies.

June 20.

Terri took off work, Darlene was off work and Grandson Justin took the train up from Philadelphia to Lancaster.  We all met at Kitchen Kettle Village in Intercourse, PA.   Love this place.

We got our favorite Peach Salsa, Hot sweet pickles and beets and horseradish mustard.  Then it was time for lunch.

We would have stayed longer but we saw the dark clouds coming.  Len and I headed to our truck.  Shortly after Terri and Justin jumped with us to wait out the downpour.    Poor Debbie and Darlene didn't do so well.   Drenched.   Really drenched.    As Debbie had to be back to work the next day, we said our so-longs along with a few tears.  And Terri took Justin back to the train station.

That night Steve and Terri FINALLY got to meet Jim and Darlene. (Terri had met Darlene).  Dang - once again I meant to take a picture but we were having too much fun and I forgot.

June 21.

Terri, Steve, Len and I met for lunch.   Terri works from home on Fridays and Steve works in town.  At that time we said our good-byes and promises to see each other soon.

In the afternoon we drove to MD and got our granddaughters who are here with us a Alabama for a few weeks.

June 22.

Time to pull up stakes in PA and travel.   We drove over 400 miles and over-nighted in the same parking lot as we did when going north in May..

June 23.

Girls and Biscuit slept a good part of the time.

Even though it was again a bit more than 400 mile drive we arrived home just a few minutes after 12 noon.   This was because we left Virginia at 4:30 am and had a one hour time change.

It's good to be home! So much to do.  And thrilled to see our lone duck is still here.

Until next time.


  1. Looks like you didn't waste any time filling it with needed visits. Now you'll fill the next couple of weeks Enjoying the Grands.

    Be Safe!

    It's about time.

  2. The kids and Biscuit look comfy back there. I guess it's always nice to be back home. Just 1 duck left.

  3. Glad the duck is still swimming away. Biscuit seems like a great traveling companion.